FUNNY WORDS/PHRASES COINED BY NIGERIANS



Welcome to Nigeria, the country I will gladly and proudly come back in my next life. If such a thing exists.
If you’ve never been asked this question “are you not a Nigerian” Then it means you’ve not been not using the almighty formulae (the 9ja way).
Trust me Nigerians have their way of doing everything on earth.
So here are some funny words and phrases coined by Nigerians and believe me you these words are generally accepted and understood by Nigerians.

*1* PARABULATE – This is our own way of saying contemplate abi? No offences but this word is far from existing in any dictionary on earth.
*2*BADDEST- Funny enough this word is not a bad word instead it connotes good, excellence and genius.
So instead of saying “guy you are a genius” we simply say “guy you be baddest”.
*3*MONDAY-HAMMER- This is simply our own version of sledge hammer.
*4*GO-SLOW- I keep wondering how hard it is to say “traffic jam” which happens to be the correct usage.
*5*DIS-VIRGIN- Even the most conscious experts always fall a victim to this word.
De-flower/de-flowered is the correct usage my brother.
*6*INSTALLMENTALLY- Sorry sir, you can’t pay installmentally, but you can pay on installments.
*7*SHORT KNICKER/LONG TROUSER- You already know that this is tautology, but if you are a first timer let me see your hand up.
*8*LIKE SERIOUSLY- Our young women will never go a day without this phrase.
What baffles my mind is that I even can’t relate where this statement belongs to in the English language. Like seriously the experts should come to my rescue, is this a phrase, clause or……?
Never mind I will ask google.
*9*UN-SERIOUS- Mehn you won’t believe this word is yet to be seen in any hard copy documented dictionary. So the last time your professor said “I don’t like un-serious students” He was wrong.
To be fair and just, this mistake is not only made in Nigeria, it’s world wide.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT NYSC REGISTERATION