THE UNFORTUNATE TRAVELER ***Episode two***

                                                         
An hour into the journey i was busy chatting my friends up on social media,pleading earnestly for their forgiveness.
Thereafter,i plugged in my head-phones and started enjoying some favorite music on my android phone.

Believe me you that i was out from this usual world when i perceived something strange in the vehicle.
The driver did well to clear off the high way and came down,walked to the car bonnet and opened it.

Few persons highlighted the vehicle and met him where he was standing with regrets written all over his face.
The driver was unable to answer the deluge of questions thrown at him in one minute.What is it? What is it? is it fuel? everyone asked except me.

Hmmm, a sigh of relief,the driver sluggishly replied "my clutch plait don  burn,my alternator no dey work again and  if we  continue my battery go soon die"
I'm not a mechanic neither am i a driver but i knew the intensity of what we were up against if a car should have such manner of fault.

What manner of temptation is this?  in this no man's land?  I was lost in thoughts, i could i hardly tell where exactly we were.

What is the way forward? I personally questioned the driver for the first time.
The frustrated driver didn't answer me instead he brought out his phone and made some calls.

In less than thirty minutes ,a dark average height guy drove in with his bike and picked our driver,his last words were "make i follow this mechanic go buy those parts".

No other passenger seemed to be worried untill after an hour since our driver left.
By this time it was about 6p.m
The greatest and most regrettable mistake we all made was never to have collected the driver's phone number.

There we were,clueless,hopeless and lonely.
After another 45 minutes it was virtually becoming clear to us that the driver wasn't coming back.
This was a real test of patience,fortitude and resilience.
Who will bail the cat?
Suspense crips in.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT NYSC REGISTERATION

FUNNY WORDS/PHRASES COINED BY NIGERIANS